Friday, March 13, 2015

Poem for Friday and the Coming of Spring

Poem for You
By David Shapiro

I am jealous of the sand

beneath you
around you
what you see

bright things     erased lady
sparkling and traveling without luggage
liquidity
before X
you are tattooed on my back     music
dies down

I too grew up in
the soft hands
of the gods

and a little donkey will lead them

Tears, tears, and I know
just what they mean
honeysuckles at night

I wrote this poem for you and haven't lost it

--------

By this time tomorrow night I will be on a plane headed to France! So my entire day was taken up with getting ready for that (no, I'm not packed yet, be serious). I did take a break to walk through the neighborhood since Angela, Paul, and I had seen some crocuses about to open on Wednesday, and because it was nearly 60 degrees, this happened!

















We had an early dinner so we could pick our kids up for spring break from College Park, which was mobbed and had lots of traffic, partly because other people were taking stuff home and partly because of whatever was going on at the Xfinity Center. We had to stop at CVS and the food store, then we came home for laundry, packing, and half-watching Elementary!

No comments: