Thursday, October 13, 2016

Poem for Thursday and Great Falls Heron

fern scent
By Burnell Lippy

fern scent
the slight space between
doe and fawn tracks

--------

Wednesday was Yom Kippur, which I observed in spirit instead of in synagogue (and without fasting, since I had to drive Maddy to school before 9 a.m. and I get headachy and shaky on an empty stomach). I did go with Paul and my parents to their friend Ruth's house to break the fast along with the Goldmans and other friends, many of whom I haven't seen in months though I see most of them on Facebook, so that was truly delightful even though we discussed the two forbidden topics, politics and baseball vs. football.

It was otherwise an uneventful day during which I got neither enough work nor enough chores done, though I did take a walk to enjoy the weather. Just about every part of my body made me sorry that I ate Taco Bell yesterday, so I will not be gaining any more weight from that, at least! We got home in time for Designated Survivor, whose characters I like but I wish they'd move a little more quickly on the who and why -- in the real world I'd expect lots of hysteria and rioting by now. From Great Falls this month:














No comments: