Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Poem for Tuesday and Great Falls

In November
By Lisel Mueller

Outside the house the wind is howling
and the trees are creaking horribly.
This is an old story
with its old beginning,
as I lay me down to sleep.
But when I wake up, sunlight
has taken over the room.
You have already made the coffee
and the radio brings us music
from a confident age. In the paper
bad news is set in distant places.
Whatever was bound to happen
in my story did not happen.
But I know there are rules that cannot be broken.
Perhaps a name was changed.
A small mistake. Perhaps
a woman I do not know
is facing the day with the heavy heart
that, by all rights, should have been mine.

--------

Cheryl came over on Monday while Daniel and Paul were both working in the morning. We went to get California Tortilla for ourselves, them, and Maddy, and ate it while we watched several episodes of The Crown, including the Churchill-heavy "Act of God" which I really appreciate.

Then, when everyone was done with work for the day, we all went to the mall to see Fantastic Beasts, which I loved. Unlike the HP movies, I wasn't spoiled for anything from books, so it felt like a fresh take on the magical world, old New York was charming, the women were great, the creatures were adorable!

We had dinner in the mall food court -- Cheryl and I had Cava, everyone else had deli. After she went home, Paul and I caught up on Madam Secretary between Supergirl (much better this season) and Timeless (still preposterous but holding my interest). Some photos from Great Falls as winter approaches:












No comments: