Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Poem for Wednesday, Doctor Strange, USBG Orchids

Scatter
By Sanober Khan

Scatter as a prayer
escaping my lips...

as orchids
blooming in clouds.

--------

Tuesday was a chilly, rainy spring day, though there's a lot of color -- cherry trees, daffodils, forsythia, magnolias, the first redbuds and tulips -- so it wasn't as depressing as gray days sometimes are. I had some stops to make around lunchtime, plus I caught a Latios at a raid at the Bolger Center in the drizzle (and I found a shiny Swablu), so I got to see the gardens there and hang out with some of my raiding group. Otherwise my day was about writing, laundry, and other unexciting things.

Paul had a birthday coupon for Not Your Average Joe's that was about to expire, so we went there for dinner -- I had pizza with sesame-orange sauce and pistachios from the power salad, we shared the peanut butter thing for dessert -- then we watched Doctor Strange with Cheryl. Visually, it's my favorite of the MCU besides the first Thor, though I don't connect with the characters as much as many of the others. From the US Botanic Garden, some of the orchid show:

18dcap13

18dcap15

18dcap12

18dcap11

18dcap9

18dcap14

18dcap10

18dcap16

No comments: