Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Poem for Wednesday and Great Falls Water

The Lake Isle Of Innisfree
By William Butler Yeats

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honeybee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade.
And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
And evening full of the linnet's wings.
I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.

--------

On Tuesday I had lunch at the Fontina Grille with three friends from high school -- well, two of them I've actually known since elementary school -- which was lovely, as we had a lot to catch up on even though I saw two of them not long ago (we are determined to make meeting up a regular thing, since for many years it's been only at the Super Bowl party). Then, since I was at, I stopped at Target to get their exclusive edition of The Crimes of Grindelwald and some summer PJs. B&N next door had a bunch of DVDs on sale for $5 plus I had a gift card, and I only looked at the ones that came with streaming copies, so now I have The Crying Game and Ex Machina on Vudu.

Paul made pancakes for Free Pancake Day rather than braving IHOP's lines, then we watched The Flash, which is yet again dragging out a storyline too long -- I don't care whether Cicada eats everyone in Central City at this point -- followed by the second hour of the latest Celtic Woman concert on PBS, which I should have watched all of based on my overall enjoyment level even though I prefer Mary Fahl's version of "Going Home" and lots of people's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" as well. Now I'm watching Gordon Ramsay and James Corden compete on treadmills to answer questions about each other's areas of expertise, food and boy bands. By request, more Great Falls!

DSCN4965

DSCN5012

DSCN5009

DSCN4976

DSCN5004

DSCN5010

DSCN5001A

DSCN5007

No comments: