Thursday, September 12, 2019

Poem for Thursday and Fenwick Island Beach

Song Of The Sea
By Rainer Maria Rilke
Translated by Albert Ernest Flemming

(Capri, Piccola Marina)

Timeless sea breezes,
sea-wind of the night:
you come for no one;
if someone should wake,
he must be prepared
how to survive you.

Timeless sea breezes,
that for aeons have
blown ancient rocks,
you are purest space
coming from afar...

Oh, how a fruit-bearing
fig tree feels your coming
high up in the moonlight.

--------

I spent Wednesday morning researching new computers, trying to figure out what I need and what I can afford (opinions on 7th Generation Intel Core i5 Processor vs 8th Generation Intel Core i3 Processor and on graphics cards, which I know absolutely nothing about, are welcome). Then I went to A.C. Moore looking for beads that it turned out I'd seen at Michael's, so I went there too, and it will surprise no one when I say I also bought a bunch of Halloween decorations at 40-60% off. Paul wanted to make chili casserole using Fritos for dinner, so we ran out to Giant to get the aforementioned Fritos -- and it was raid hour, so I also completed a set of Deoxys formes on my baby account.

After dinner, we went to see the Bruce Springsteen inspired Blinded By the Light, which is quite enjoyable especially if you're a Boss fan, though it's structurally a lot like many other immigrant experience movies, and I'm not very comfortable with how easily this and Yesterday both posit that huge white pop stars produce songs so universal, they help Brits of color come to terms with their own dreams and aspirations, which in both cases turn out to be about fame and financial solvency far more than necessary social change. But so much to sing along! Here are some of my favorite views of the beach at Fenwick Island plus one sunset over the bay just across the coastal highway from the ocean:

DSCN1787

DSCN1697

DSCN1776

DSCN1656

DSCN1802

DSCN1698

2019-09-07 19.47.56

2019-09-07 20.23.42

No comments: