Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Poem for Wednesday and Brookside Geese

Red Bank
By Lesle Lewis

I wanted a horse.
I jumped from a plane.
I was not comfortable with your illness.
I was a detective at the wedding.
I recognized the new way it would be with you in rehabilitation.
I saw how the sunset colors on the Navesink River got sad with the lone rower.
I lived on a lone planet with my befuddlement.
I'd lost a person.
I didn't know how to hold my lips.
I was like the goose bathing in parking lot puddles.
Definitely, I am on a train.

--------

I went out to lunch with my neighbor Carole and wound up spending a lovely afternoon with her. We went to Mykonos, where I had saganaki and taramasalata while Carole had non-veggie food, and afterward, since we were right nearby, we walked over to Michaels where I was looking for beads and she was looking for a portable glue gun. Then we went to Starbucks before coming home, where I used the beads to fix a necklace.

Daniel wanted to Skype about some long-term travel plans, so Paul and I talked to him after dinner. Then we watched Legends of Tomorrow, which is the most fun of the DC shows these days, and Emergence, which may end for the season or forever next week and I'm ambivalent -- depends how good the finale is! From Brookside Gardens over the chilly weekend, the big flock of geese in the pond by the tea house:

DSCN5539

DSCN5538

DSCN5493

DSCN5540

DSCN5497

DSCN5489

DSCN5514

DSCN5486

No comments: