Saturday, July 18, 2020

Poem for Saturday and Assawoman Bay Wildlife

We're watching Cursed, which is the biggest fantasy mash-up ever -- in the first five episodes there are visual references and parallels not only to Merlin and other Arthurian stories, which are obvious, but The Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Outlander, Game of Thrones, Kingdom of Heaven, Vikings, Maleficent, Brave, even Carnival Row and The Witcher -- which I'm enjoying despite some silliness, a lot of blood, and an excess of attempted rapes and rape jokes, possibly because the early Christians are the most villainous villains who ever walked the earth and I'd take Denethor any day over them -- so I'm distracted.

Let's see, what did I do Friday? Chatted with high school friends (just a couple of us this week, everyone else was busy), did some laundry, got all my packages for the week in one day including one that was supposed to go as a gift to someone else in a different city, dropped off the return package at the UPS Store in my fanciest Lilly Pulitzer mask, took a walk in extreme afternoon heat, and had sausage and mac and cheese for dinner. I'm still missing the beach so here are some photos from Assawoman Bay State Wildlife Area:

DSCN8565

DSCN8622

DSCN8657

DSCN8636

DSCN8669

DSCN8552

DSCN8561

No comments: