Friday, October 02, 2020

Poem for Friday, The 100, Chesapeake Seagulls

A Poison Tree
By William Blake

I was angry with my friend;
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I waterd it in fears,
Night & morning with my tears:
And I sunned it with smiles,
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night.
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine.

And into my garden stole,
When the night had veild the pole;
In the morning glad I see;
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

-------- 

 I had an unexpectedly nice morning because my friend Alice had an appointment in Bethesda and called afterward to see if I wanted to meet her for coffee. We got Starbucks and went for a walk in Cabin John Park in gorgeous weather. Paul didn't have afternoon phone conferences, so he worked in front of the World Series and I half-watched as well while trying to catch up on various computer work. 

After dinner we watched The 100 finale. It's insane and out of sync with the rest of the show -- most of the human race should have let ALIE save them in the City of Light and spare them a lot of grief -- but Clarke, Octavia, Indra, and Raven all got a happy ending which is all I cared about! I really did not like Donald Trump, I mean Sheidheda, calling for war, but Indra and Octavia stopped him, so it's all good. 

Earlier we took a walk around the neighborhood in the drizzle that started in the evening, had Indian food for dinner, and watched some more Schitt's Creek, which is a fine antidote to the news, the general state of the world, and people being selfish jerks both locally and nationally. Here are some photos of seagulls that we saw last weekend -- we were hoping to go to Fenwick this weekend but can't get cat-sitting. 

DSCN1270

DSCN1241

DSCN1264

DSCN1261

2020-09-28 14.51.30

DSCN1243

2020-09-28 15.19.11

No comments: