We stopped at Bartell Drugs (which will be CVS the next time we're there) for a picture frame, and picked up dinner from Yummy Pho which is next door to the movie theater, which we came home to eat after a quick walk to see the eagles and ducks. (We always get large servings of pho so we can get two meals out of it!) I chatted with three of mu usual Thursday night group, then Cheryl and I watched the fifth episode of Ironheart -- it's a little jarring how quickly it went from being a show about black girl science to being a show about black girl magic, but at least it's focused on the black girl -- then this week's episode of The Buccaneers. From last night's Mariners game, Arozarena's home run, Cal Raleigh acknowledging cheers for his All-Star votes, the J-Rod Squad, and the NBA's Isaiah Thomas, who grew up in Tacoma (Death Cab for Cutie's Ben Gibbard and Nick Harmer were also there, and UW's Moll sisters threw out the first pitch):
Thursday, July 03, 2025
Greetings from Jurassic World
Paul only had to work half a day July 3 for the coming holiday, so after a quiet morning -- well, the cats would disagree with that assessment, since we had our dishwasher panel repaired, so there was a repairman with a drill and a lot of beeping -- we ate lunch and went to see Jurassic World Rebirth. I love all the Jurassic movies, and this one is no different: it reminds me more of 2, 3, and 6 than 1, 4, or 5 given that it's largely set outside of parks and big scientific facilities, but it has lots of callbacks to earlier movies, especially the original Jurassic Park, it has a great cast with good chemistry, it has about the level of violence you'd expect, and no adorable dinosaurs are harmed in the making of the film. I wish there had been women scientists, not just women who can kick ass, but I always like Scarlett Johansson and I like the two young actresses too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment