Then we watched this week's Starfleet Academy. There are things I love about this show, and things I think are idiotic even by the standards of the worst of Trek. I like the idea of a Sisko Museum, but it looks so much like the Las Vegas Star Trek Experience that I spent the scene wondering if they were planning to reopen that. I'm not sure how I feel about all the alien cultures losing their distinctiveness (can one pop a Trill into any multi-species descendant?), and I felt it when Kelrec asked what's the point of Lanthanite lifespans when so much of what holds their interest seems to be trivial. Anyway, photos from our last visit to Alki Beach:
Thursday, February 05, 2026
Greetings from Alki
I spent Thursday morning starting to pack the books and Tarot decks in the bedroom -- I'm about 5/6 done with the little bookcase, meaning I still have the big bookcase and both nightstands -- and the afternoon underground in our storage facility, making sure the boxes there are fully condensed, taped, and labeled for the move. We also stopped at the food store for food for the Super Bowl and next week -- maybe our last trip to this Safeway. When we came home, I took a quick shower and we ate leftover Bangkok noodles so I could get on my regular Zoom chat, after which I watched The Pitt with one of my friends from chat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment