Monday, February 02, 2026

Greetings from Oregon

I spent the first several hours of Monday unpacking from the trip, doing laundry, and packing for the move -- now four and a half of seven living room bookcases are empty as well as all the bookcases in the spare bedroom. After lunch, we went to Home Depot to get more book-size boxes, plus we stopped at Bella Vision so I could get the temples of my new glasses adjusted and at World Market which was sadly out of potato sticks. 

We watched the season finale of The Night Manager, which had a fairly preposterous plot but was enjoyable anyway (I appreciate that the villain flirts with Tom Hiddleston so much). Then we watched The Wrecking Crew, which is even more preposterous and has lots of punching and car explosions, so cartoonish by comparison; at least I like the female characters. Here are some views around the capitol in Salem, Oregon:

2026-02-01 11.43.27A

2026-02-01 11.55.43

2026-02-01 11.58.30

2026-02-01 11.42.13

2026-02-01 12.10.55

2026-02-01 11.54.36

2026-02-01 12.19.37

No comments: