The US men's hockey team were picking up their medals before we got home, which I wouldn't care about at all but I'm happy the Jewish player from New Jersey scored the winning goal. I shoveled the entire deck myself (I needed the exercise), then cut up the box the cat tree came in to make a cardboard cat house while watching the closing ceremonies live. I also did all the laundry just in case we have power or water issues from the storm -- at present we have flakes falling but not much accumulation, that's supposed to be tomorrow along with wind and colder temperatures. We watched Springsteen: Deliver Me From Nowhere which is educational but feels long and grim; I wish it had been 45 minutes of a happier movie.
Sunday, February 22, 2026
Greetings from a Nor'easter
There were various places we had thought about going on Sunday, but when we woke up, we realized the one thing we had forgotten yesterday in all our pre-blizzard shopping: a snow shovel, which we really needed so we could get the two feet of snow on our deck cleared before two more feet fell and potentially put too much weight on the wood. We also realized that, although we have a private garage for the first time in our adult lives, we should get an ice scraper for the car, and listening to the dire warnings on the radio about potential power outages, we also picked up a couple of books and card games at B&N in case our Kindles can't be recharged in a timely manner. Hopefully we have enough candles!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment