Wednesday, April 08, 2026

Greetings from Green Hill Farm

Wednesday didn't have any snow, but it was as cold as Tuesday -- around 40 degrees at midday and wind chill below freezing, so not much like April as I think of it. The bunny across the street was out anyway when I took a walk, though the spring peepers are quiet and the duck pair were curled up asleep next to the pond. I did chores in the morning, chatted with my high school friends after lunch, and watched some season two Rings of Power with my usuals in the late afternoon. We saw the first two episodes of Maul: Shadow Lord because I can't resist any new Star Wars; it's on the dark and violent side and at times reminded me of Daredevil set in Blade Runner's L.A. 

Now we're watching the first two episodes of the final season of The Boys, which I probably should not be enjoying as much as I am. Denethor (John Noble) plays Eomer (Karl Urban)'s dad! Daveed Diggs is a Vought-bought preacher who hates powerful women! Countess Crow, the influencer supe whose power is talking to birds, has crows named Russell and Cameron! Soldier Boy accuses Homelander of having some kind of incest thing for him! (Someone's been reading the Jensen Ackles fan fiction!) So it's violent and horrible and I've been laughing through the whole thing. Since I'm a sheep, here are the sheep -- mostly Icelandic -- at Green Hill Park Farm last Sunday:

2026-04-05 12.51.27

2026-04-05 13.31.17

2026-04-05 12.51.17

2026-04-05 12.50.51

2026-04-05 12.38.35

2026-04-05 12.41.04

2026-04-05 12.39.51

No comments: