Monday, November 11, 2002

Poem for the Day

Changed in honor of Veterans' Day. Okay, so it's hokey, it seemed appropriate. Also, it made me think of a certain fictional character, which put a smile on my face. This is supposedly by Mary E. Frye but there are also those who claim it was originally Irish or Native American, so I don't know whom to credit.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.

In the morning I'm going to get my LOTR DVD and be useless for the rest of the day! This made me howl and shriek. Some of my friends will know why. Others will howl and shriek anyway. And discovered by :


How Much of a Slash Fan are You?

brought to you by Quizilla


Plus from http://www.emmadavies.net/vampire/default.asp, my vampire identity!

The Great Archives determine you to have gone by the identity:
Goddess of The Underworld
Known in some parts of the world as:
Bitch of The Vile
The Great Archives Record:
Vile, foul, filthy and greedy: this creature knows nothing of light.

href="http://quizilla.com/users/DenialsTorture/quizzes/What%20Kind%20of%20Fantasy%20Creature%20are%20You%3F/">Faerie
What Kind of Fantasy Creature are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: