Tuesday, November 19, 2002

Tuesday Morning

A local discount store. Now, however it is evening and I am late with the poem by one of my favorites.

TRUE LOVE
by Sharon Olds


In the middle of the night, when we get up
after making love, we look at each other in
complete friendship, we know so fully
what the other has been doing. Bound to each other
like mountaineers coming down from a mountain,
bound with the tie of the delivery-room,
we wander down the hall to the bathroom, I can
hardly walk, I wobble through the granular
shadowless air, I know where you are
with my eyes closed, we are bound to each other
with huge invisible threads, our sexes
muted, exhausted, crushed, the whole
body a sex- surely this
is the most blessed time of my life,
our children asleep in their beds, each fate
like a vein of abiding mineral
not discovered yet. I sit
on the toilet in the night,
you are somewhere in the room,
I open the window and snow has fallen in a
steep drift, against the pane, I
look up, into it,
a wall of cold crystals, silent
and glistening, I quietly call to you
and you come and hold my hand and I say
I cannot see beyond it. I cannot see beyond it.

Too overcast for me to see the meteors last night. My husband got up at 5:30 a.m. and managed to see several, but I was apparently too soundly asleep to budge.

I was Hermione Granger at the Harry Potter character quiz @ Crazylicious.com


Swiped from Arabella's sig:
"Non-verbal is what Clark and Lex do. It's their mating language." -- Calysta Rose

A really boring Smallville was redeemed in an instant by the preview:

"Lex, have you ever wondered whether you were destined to be with someone?"

Ohhhh yes!

Now damned if I know where this came from:

Feminine
What's your sexual appeal?

brought to you by Quizilla


I love sandrinedorvan.

Also I still love Sharpe. Not just because he's Sean Bean, though Bean is really amazing in Sharpe's Sword -- I agree with everyone who says the women in the later series are a real disappointment after Teresa, but Sharpe himself becomes more complex as the episodes unspool. Sword is slower-moving than many of the others, a lot less fighting, a lot more character work for Harper and the supporting cast as well, and really sad. We watched it last night while my husband ducked in and out checking to see if the meteors were visible yet.

No comments: