Friday, January 17, 2003

Poem for Snowy Friday


Blizzard
by William Carlos Williams


Snow falls:
years of anger following
hours that float idly down --
the blizzard
drifts its weight
deeper and deeper for three days
or sixty years, eh? Then
the sun! a clutter of
yellow and blue flakes --
Hairy looking trees stand out
in long alleys
over a wild solitude.
The man turns and there --
his solitary track stretched out
upon the world.

--------


and are trying to kill me. I told Cinzia to watch Smallville, and this is the result. Then I begged Gloria to show me what she was writing that convinced Cinzia to finish and post her story, and this is the result. May actually write something else when I can get up off the floor.

has bigger photos from Viggo's book signing yesterday at Bag End Inn. Oh, and from Stacie again, more Viggo book signing pictures -- you can see the back of his shirt!

No comments: