Thursday, January 09, 2003

Poem for Thursday


For You O Democracy
by Walt Whitman


Come, I will make the continent indissoluble,
I will make the most splendid race the sun ever shone upon,
I will make the divine magnetic lands,
          With the love of comrades,
          With the life-long love of comrades,
I will plant companionship thick as trees along the rivers of
    America, and along the shores of the great lakes, and all over
    the prairies,
I will make inseperable cities with their arms about each other's
    necks,
          By the love of comrades,
          By the manly love of comrades.
For you these from me, O Democracy, to serve you ma femme!
For you, for you I am trilling these songs.

--------


Aragorn
Who is your Middle Earth Man?

brought to you by Quizilla

Your ideal M.E. companion would be Aragorn, son of Arathorn (aka Elfstone, Estel, Elessar, Strider). Loyal and royal, Aragorn is valiant through and through. He's the type who will never let you down and never break a promise.


Gacked from . Wow, this is the second time in a row I got Aragorn, not Boromir, on one of these quizzes when I was sure I was giving the answers for the latter. Have I developed a noble kingly fetish?

Must go transcribe two interviews. That is all.

No comments: