Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Politics as usual (unfortunately)

So Bush ran Trent Lott out of town to prove that Republicans aren't racists, then decided to butt into the University of Michigan's admissions policy. What a guy.

And they're going to try John Lee Malvo as an adult. Can someone please explain to me how it can possibly be constitutional for a minor deemed legally too young to make decisions about drinking and voting (and, if he were a woman in some states, having an abortion without parental consent) to face the death penalty? Look, I LIVED with the sniper. I know what he did. That doesn't change the fact that he is a TEENAGER.


Rally For Choice!


I'm back from lunch with whom I met at the mall, since it's cold outside and I had to mail packages to certain people. She is a delightfully bad influence when discussing such matters as politics and slash. We had Chinese food. Here is my fortune: "The sun will always shine through your heart, onto your smile, and warm your soul." Sounds convoluted but nice.

And true, because after we raided Borders, Suncoast and the Hallmark store, managing to restrain ourselves from buying anything major, we wandered into KB Toys. And there we beheld a shipment of 12" FOTR action figures. Including two Aragorns. For $12.99 apiece. Every woman should have a 12" Aragorn, should she not, and now we both do! (, I looked for a Boromir-Lurtz pack for you but alas they did not have any...)

And oh! I forgot to mention! Last night in the course of looking up something or other, I discovered that on Bruce Springsteen's Complete Video Anthology, 1978-2000, Bruce made a video for "Highway Patrolman" using clips from The Indian Runner! Have already dispatched my husband and our holiday Best Buy card to get it. Husband did have a suspicious expression when I announced that I wanted Springsteen DVDs but has learned not to argue on the relatively rare occasion when I want music he likes, given that the vast percentage of CDs and music-related DVDs in this household are technically his.

Harry Potter June 21, huh? Well, it means the kids will be out of my hair the first few days of summer vacation!

No comments: