Thursday, May 21, 2020

Poem for Thursday and The Mammoth Site

Tonight No Poetry Will Serve
By Adrienne Rich

Saw you walking barefoot
taking a long look
at the new moon’s eyelid

later spread
sleep-fallen, naked in your dark hair
asleep but not oblivious
of the unslept unsleeping
elsewhere

Tonight I think
no poetry
will serve

Syntax of rendition:

verb pilots the plane
adverb modifies action

verb force-feeds noun
submerges the subject
noun is choking
verb disgraced goes on doing

now diagram the sentence

--------

I just typed "Monday was quiet" which should tell you how well I can follow the passage of time right now. It wasn't a bad day -- I did a bunch of scanning from the '80s, I started reading the Hunger Games prequel The Ballad of Songbirds And Snakes, and, since I had laundry to fold and needed distraction, we watched Field of Dreams after we walked around the neighborhood where the bunnies were enjoying the cool weather but the frog and deer were hiding.

I'm quite sad The Masked Singer is over for the season but very happy with the results, and I loved tonight's What We Do in the Shadows -- I love Guillermo's whole storyline this season. I'm afraid to say Run is a trainwreck because that might literally turn out to be true, but I am really disliking Billy now and Ruby only slightly less. These pics are from 1992 at The Mammoth Site in Hot Springs, where digging for a housing development uncovered these fossilized treasures:

img332

img327

img331

img333

img330

img334

img329

img328

No comments: