Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Poem for Wednesday and Gaithersburg Goslings

The Doubtful Duckling
By Marilyn Singer

A beauty I’ll be?
Look at me–
plain to see,
stubby and gray.
An ugly duckling
I’ll stay.
No way
I’ll turn into a swan
someday.

Someday
I’ll turn into a swan.
No way
I’ll stay
an ugly duckling,
stubby and gray.
Plain to see–
look at me.
A beauty I’ll be.

--------

One of my cats just got sick all over the house so I'll keep this short. It was not an eventful Monday anyway: laundry, a little writing, a bunch of scanning (wow, we took a lot of photos right after older son was born, and by "we" I primarily mean my mother), organizing my new photo boxes bought contactlessly from Michael's (to replace the magnetic albums I should have listened to people and gotten rid of 20 years ago, because I'm betting the glue residue on the backs of the photos ruins the photos they touch).

We took a walk, had tacos for Taco Tuesday, and skipped DC superheroes to watch 24 Hours to Hell and Back because Gordon Ramsay took his team to Ellicott City to help rebuild three establishments after the floods that devastated the historic district over the past few years; he enlisted the governor, the University of Maryland football team, Cal Ripken, and the Ravens to appear, so it was great for the city. Here as promised are some of the geese and goslings we saw at Lake Whetstone on Mother's Day:

DSCN7265

DSCN7284

DSCN7298

DSCN7333

DSCN7273

DSCN7231

DSCN7326

DSCN7316

No comments: