Thursday, July 29, 2021

Poem for Thursday and Brookside Roses

My Pretty Rose Tree
By William Blake

A flower was offered to me,
Such a flower as May never bore;
But I said 'I've a pretty rose tree,'
And I passed the sweet flower o'er.

Then I went to my pretty rose tree,
To tend her by day and by night;
But my rose turned away with jealousy,
And her thorns were my only delight.

-------- 

My Wednesday was quiet, at least until the thunderstorm tonight that made the lights flicker, but I got to talk to two of my high school friends at lunchtime, watch the men's gymnastics all-around at the Olympics, and fold laundry around a cat who wanted to sit on the clothes in the basket. The bunnies were hiding when we walked today, maybe too hot for them. 

We've spent most of tonight watching swimming live from Tokyo -- Caeleb Dressel, Katie Ledecky -- and now I'm watching the start of the second season of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Disney+ because "The Fall of Asgard" in the first season is everything I could have dreamed in a cartoon. Some of the roses at Brookside Gardens last weekend: 

DSCN1066

2021-07-24 14.43.16

DSCN1063

DSCN1064A

DSCN1068

DSCN1069A

2021-07-24 14.43.33

No comments: