Thursday, August 19, 2021

Poem for Thursday and Brookside Flowers

Mistake
By Heather Christle

For years I have seen
dead animals on the highway

and grieved for them
only to realize they are

not dead animals
they are t shirts

or bits of blown tire
and I have found

myself with this
excess of grief

I have made with
no object to let

it spill over and
I have not known

where to put it or
keep it and then today

I thought I know
I can give it to you

-------- 

I had another nice day thanks to a Zoom call while the weather was like a sauna -- not as hot as it's been some days because it was so overcast, but extremely muggy and unpleasant to walk in. Even the bunnies were hiding under bushes. Fortunately I had a project for an online group and my long lunchtime chat with my high school friends, one of whom showed us the things she's been growing in her garden, which look awesome. 

Paul and I caught up on Stargirl after dinner, then watched What If...? long distance with Cheryl, which was a great joy (Nebula embarrassed by Embarrassing Dad! Howard the Duck! Laika the Russian space dog, treated better even by the flamboyant Collector than the people who launched her into space!). And Chadwick Boseman's T'Challa as Star-Lord, my heart. Flowers at Brookside Gardens last weekend: 

DSCN1850A

DSCN1786A

DSCN1776

DSCN1821A

DSCN1843

DSCN1841

DSCN1872

No comments: