Thursday, December 15, 2022

Poem for Thursday and Seneca Creek Lights

The Thrill of the Chase
By Forrest Fenn

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.

Begin it where warm waters halt
And take it in the canyon down,
Not far, but too far to walk.
Put in below the home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek,
The end is ever drawing nigh;
There'll be no paddle up your creek,
Just heavy loads and water high.

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
Just take the chest and go in peace.

So why is it that I must go
And leave my trove for all to seek?
The answers I already know,
I've done it tired, and now I'm weak.

So hear me all and listen good,
Your effort will be worth the cold.
If you are brave and in the wood
I give you title to the gold.

-------- 

Wednesday was chilly, but we kept getting warnings all day about how much worse Thursday would be -- not temperature-wise, but starting with an ice storm -- so I didn't think I should complain about it. I finished scanning all my Star Trek cards, did a bunch of other chores, and guiltily watched the Morocco-France World Cup game (I'd meant to boycott it, but someone else in the house had it on), plus I talked to all three of my high school friends around lunchtime. 

Paul  and I took a walk, then went to Seneca Creek State Park to see the drive-through Gaithersburg Winter Lights, which were lovely as always and had some new fairy-tale displays. Afterward, we had Thai food left over from birthday dinner with my parents and watched National Treasure: Edge of History, which I enjoyed enormously; I've always loved the franchise and this one has female protagonists and Catherine Zeta-Jones as an entertainingly evil villain!

2022-12-14 18.22.57

2022-12-14 18.36.35

2022-12-14 18.40.09

2022-12-14 18.42.55

2022-12-14 18.29.52

2022-12-14 18.37.47

2022-12-14 18.23.27

No comments: