Friday, October 03, 2025

Greetings from Regal Bella Bottega

Most of my day was about Taylor Swift, which is a very good way to spend a day these days. I didn't stay up late to listen to The Life of a Showgirl when it started streaming -- I ordered the CD, but it hasn't arrived yet -- so I spent the morning doing little things on the computer while listening to it. Then we had lunch, I did a little reading, and in the early afternoon, we went into Redmond, where we stopped at World Market (where it's already Christmas, the Halloween stuff is on sale) before heading to the movie theater. 

The Official Release Party of a Showgirl is half a making-of video for the wonderful first music video from the album, "The Fate of Ophelia" (Taylor and I both love Shakespeare, Pre-Raphaelites, and old Hollywood, and all those things plus pirates are in this video, plus a loaf of bread Taylor baked that she's very proud of), and half the lyric videos for the rest of the songs introduced by Taylor; "Elizabeth Taylor" is my second favorite (I like them all on first listen except "Wood" because Travis's ego is already big enough). 

Only a few people had brought friendship bracelets to trade, so I only got three new ones, but Swifties are always lovely though we were the oldest people there even counting parents with their teens; the women next to us asked me if I had favorite song off the new album as soon as I sat down. Afterward, we went out for Yummy Pho and now I'm watching the Eras Tour movie. A closeup so you can see my Eras Tour guitar pick earrings, the hat I didn't end up wearing and purse I did, and the friendship bracelets I ended up with:

2025-10-03 16.03.23

2025-10-03 18.55.05

2025-10-03 16.08.33

2025-10-03 16.30.46

2025-10-03 19.01.21

2025-10-03 16.04.54A

2025-10-03 18.12.38

No comments: