Friday, October 17, 2025

Poem for Friday and Salmon Days Dogs

Little Dog’s Rhapsody In The Night 

He puts his cheek against mine
and makes small, expressive sounds.
And when I’m awake, or awake enough

he turns upside down, his four paws
in the air
and his eyes dark and fervent.

“Tell me you love me,” he says.

“Tell me again.”

Could there be a sweeter arrangement? Over and over
he gets to ask.
I get to tell. 

-------- 

I had a fairly quiet Friday -- did some computer stuff, did some reading, walked to the beach, caught some Pokemon now that the levels have changed and I need a thousand nice throws to level up. I also rearranged some books; new Tarot decks and Funko bittys require shelf space even though nearly everything I read these days is on Kindle. The City & the City is absolutely amazing, as good as Embassytown which I would not have believed possible, and I keep changing my mind whether the metaphor is more East and West Berlin or Jerusalem. 

The Mariners game was tense for a long time but ended spectacularly after a grand slam by Suarez, and Ohtani won the Dodgers game pretty much singlehandedly which was exciting to watch. Now we're bingeing the rest of the third season of The Diplomat, which is very tightly written, tense, superbly performed and, because of the casting, feels like a commentary on the idealism of The West Wing that always made the latter feel phony to me no matter how clever it sounded. Dogs enjoying Salmon Days in Issaquah along with their people:

2025-10-05 14.15.15

2025-10-05 14.34.14

2025-10-05 14.58.21

2025-10-05 14.32.13

2025-10-05 14.02.36

2025-10-05 13.38.38

2025-10-05 14.07.09

No comments: