By Frédéric Mistral
When violets are blue in the blue shadows
Of the o'erhanging trees,
The youth who stray in pairs about the meadows
Are glad to gather these.
When peace descends upon the troubled Ocean,
And he his wrath forgets,
Flock from Martigue the boats with wing-like motion,
The fishes fill the nets.
And when the girls of Crau bloom into beauty
(And fairer earth knows not)
Aye are there suitors ready for their duty
In castle and in cot.
--------
I had a weird Thursday, though I got to talk to a lot of people. I had two friends, both non-local, tell me about absolutely horrible things that happened to them earlier in the week, both requiring consultations far outside my education level (medical and legal), that they really didn't want discussed anywhere in their communities so they weren't talking to some of their usual support people and I'm not really sure I could help either except to listen. Meanwhile I was trying to be cautiously optimistic about the news from Israel while still remaining stressed out about all the things that could go wrong.
We had lovely weather, warbling eagles, wood ducks, a kingfisher, and a big crowd of coots keeping us company on the walk to the beach and on the dock. We watched the afternoon's baseball (good news for the Dodgers and Cubs both), I had samosa chaat for a quick dinner, then I had my Thursday night chat group, after which Cheryl and I stayed on to watch the Peacemaker season finale, which has some good moments but also wastes a lot of time on mini-concerts and feels more like a lead-in to Gunn's next project than like a complete TV series. Some photos from walking in Snohomish last weekend:







No comments:
Post a Comment