By Ronny Someck
Translated by Shachar Mor
Following the display of the empty beds of the kidnapped in Safra Square, Jerusalem.
If the Barbie that was dropped
Between the pillow and the blanket
Had a voice, she would probably have sung
The empty bed blues.
The little bear's leaning against the wooden bars of the other one
Waiting for someone to come back and tell him
About his ancestor Winnie the Pooh.
In the third, thrown on the mattress,
A soccer team T-shirt
Very red.
And meanwhile, the pen with which I furnish
Kidnapped children's bedrooms,
Scratches the paper
On which this poem was written.
--------
I tweaked the translation a tiny bit to correct to spelling errors. News media and social media were such antisemitic wastelands today that I basically had to ignore both. I can list the friends I have lost since two years ago today because I found out who they were and what they believe about Jews -- if you can't say "free the hostages" without blaming the hostages for their own kidnappings and murders or whatabouting Hamas, I'm out.
It was otherwise a pretty day with a pretty walk to the beach. Then my DS9 group watched "Second Sight", not great but not awful. After Taco Tuesday dinner and baseball, we powered through the busy Tuesday TV schedule (in order of how much I currently enjoy them): Slow Horses (blergh), Only Murders in the Building (amusing), The Morning Show (will put up with a lot for these women). Some of the fall color at the farm and in the garden in Bellevue:







No comments:
Post a Comment