Monday, July 13, 2026

Greetings from Sail Boston

Most of my Monday was the chores I didn't do over the weekend -- laundry, cleaning the bathroom, cleaning up after the cats -- and sorting the photos I took at Sail Boston, which was really fun because I went looking for photos I took of the same ships at other seaports and festivals, some of which went back to 2004 when my kids were very young. Here are some of them, including (in order) Amerigo Vespucci & ARA Libertad, Sagres, Kalmar Nyckel, Liberty Clipper, Capitán Miranda, Mayflower II, and the ship with my favorite name because I am eleven, Gorch Fock! 

2026-07-12 13.21.29

2026-07-12 12.54.59

2026-07-12 14.33.38

2026-07-12 12.29.18

2026-07-12 12.47.15

2026-07-12 14.45.04

2026-07-12 12.53.16

We took a walk in the evening when the rain had stopped and the temperature had dropped below 80 -- I got sunburned a bit on the waterfront yesterday -- and saw five bunnies. Then we had dinner and watched the Home Run Derby, in which I was ostensibly rooting for the Red Sox catcher and first baseman Willson Contreras, though it was okay with me if Kyle Schwarber won because I liked him on the Nats and he's been very consistent, but the Cardinals' Jordan Walker made the end so exciting that it's fine with me that he won. Now we're watching some fifth season Discovery.

No comments: