Saturday, October 09, 2021

Poem for Saturday and Miners Landing

From "A Song For Occupations"
By Walt Whitman

A song for occupations!
In the labor of engines and trades and the labor of fields I find the developments,
And find the eternal meanings.

Workmen and Workwomen!
Were all educations practical and ornamental well display'd out of me, what would it amount to?
Were I as the head teacher, charitable proprietor, wise statesman, what would it amount to?
Were I to you as the boss employing and paying you, would that satisfy you?

The learn'd, virtuous, benevolent, and the usual terms,
A man like me and never the usual terms.

Neither a servant nor a master I,
I take no sooner a large price than a small price, I will have my own whoever enjoys me,
I will be even with you and you shall be even with me.

-------- 

Friday had similar lovely cool weather to Thursday, so it was nice to go out. We had to go to our bank branch, which is closing to move to a new location, and we tried to get Beyond Sausage sandwiches at Dunkin' but apparently they no longer carry them in east coast stores, which makes me unhappy. I spent a lot of the afternoon fighting with Facebook uploading photos from our Seattle trip, which is only about 1/3 done because Facebook is Facebook, then we ate Chinese food at my parents' house. 

The Red Sox were losing when we left my parents, but we came home and watched the rest of the game which they won by a lot -- not that that makes up for the White Sox losing earlier. Now we're catching up on the Supergirl episodes we've missed because I want to see what Morgana I mean Lena does with her newfound powers as a witch. Here are some photos from Miners Landing in Seattle, where we ate Alaska Sourdough, admired the Great Wheel, and took very tasteful photos with Gold Rush statues: 

2021-09-25 14.18.06

2021-09-25 14.27.59

2021-09-25 14.20.43

2021-09-25 14.16.34

2021-09-25 14.18.35

2021-09-25 14.16.08

2021-09-25 14.08.07

2021-09-25 14.05.41A

No comments: