Saturday, May 14, 2022

Greetings from Lake Whetstone

Quickie, we're watching Operation Mincemeat (in which it sadly does not look like Colin Firth and Jason Isaacs will end up dating each other, but the fact that they're both in the movie is a total delight, plus Penelope Wilton, and I'm pretty sure the Brits triumph over the Nazis so that is also great news; the entire cast is excellent and I like the way the story's told). My Friday was pretty quiet, chores and stuff early, reasonably cool weather, nice day for a walk, then we had dinner with my parents. 

When we came home, we couldn't get in the mood for Anything Goes on PBS, so instead we watched the start of The Essex Serpent, which I enjoyed enormously but in fairness it's hard for me to separate out how much I enjoyed the story from how much I enjoyed Tom Hiddleston and I might have found it overwrought otherwise, since Claire Danes is playing kind of a standard Clever Lady Scientist With Secrets. Before they're adults, some more photos of the goslings at Lake Whetstone: 

DSCN1426A

DSCN1373

DSCN1330A

DSCN1302

DSCN1242

DSCN1339

DSCN1392

No comments: