Thursday, December 28, 2023

Poem for Wednesday and Farrel McWhirter Park

The Viole(n)t Cat 
By Dan Taulapapa McMullin 

I hear you
Outside my winter studio
Moaning in the alley below my bedroom window
Calling for god the machine of all magics
All spells written on our bodies
All the right incense of rank summer
The flowers breaking through the confusion

You speak for all of us
By that I mean me
You speak for me myself and I
This morning tomorrow’s and
My midnight always now, moan for me
I moan full bridge
Field of lavender
The bridge to Olosega
White sand road and men’s voices
Beneath the road flows the sea between two islands
Lavender stream
The spirits of the sea
My lovers

-------- 

Wednesday was warm and overcast for much of the day, though I was chatting with one of my high school friends and her daughter for most of the morning so I only saw it from windows. After we had finally caught up on everything, Paul and I had lunch and took a walk before the rain arrived -- no eagles today, but lots of ducks and coots -- then I watched the first three episodes of WandaVision with Kristen, after which we watched today's What If...? with Cheryl (entirely in Mohawk and Spanish, apparently in a universe where the Spaniards settled further north). 

We had leftover Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes from Christmas Eve for dinner, then I made Paul watch Ladies of the '80s: A Divas Christmas -- I could not handle any more college football bowl games I didn't care about. It stars Linda Gray, Morgan Fairchild, Donna Mills, Nicolette Sheridan, and Loni Anderson as divas who were all on a soap opera together and are doing a Christmas reunion special, and Christopher Atkins plays Gray's love interest just like when he was practically underage on Dallas. It's as bad as you'd expect! The woods at Farrel McWhirter Park in Redmond:

2023-12-22 15.14.41

2023-12-22 15.15.31

2023-12-22 15.13.37

2023-12-22 15.12.13

2023-12-22 15.08.52

2023-12-22 15.03.11

2023-12-22 15.14.20

No comments: