Thursday, September 12, 2024

Poem for Wednesday and Enchanted Animals

Ground Zero 
By Robert Creeley 

What's after or before
seems a dull locus now
as if there ever could be more

or less of what there is,
a life lived just because
it is a life if nothing more.

The street goes by the door
just like it did before.
Years after I am dead,

there will be someone here instead
perhaps to open it,
look out to see what's there --

even if nothing is,
or ever was,
or somehow all got lost.

Persist, go on, believe.
Dreams may be all we have,
whatever one believe

of worlds wherever they are --
with people waiting there
will know us when we come

when all the strife is over,
all the sad battles lost or won,
all turned to dust.

-------- 

Parts of my Wednesday were fairly typical -- I talked to all three of my good high school friends in the morning, I watched the second episode of the second season of Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power with Kristen in the afternoon. I also did some chores and won a couple more Pokemon Dynamax battles when we walked to the beach. 

But I also talked to my parents and kids about funeral plans (and in one case wedding plans), and read some 9/11 reminiscences in tribute to the date, though I also looked at a lot of ALF and Simpsons memes in honor of Kamala Harris's opponent having made an absolute ass of himself during the debate last night. THEY'RE EATING THE PETS! 

We ate my leftover chocolate crepes for dinner along with spicy vegan chicken and cheese and shells, then we watched the new Only Murders in the Building after the end of the Orioles overtime loss (the Mariners, at least, beat the Padres). Here are some of the Enchanted Farms animals from the picnic with the alpacas who aren't alpacas: 

20240831_115043

20240831_120846

20240831_122544

20240831_122640

20240831_121300A

20240831_110744

20240831_120616

No comments: