Thursday, August 14, 2025

Poem for Thursday and Renfaire Strongwoman

I, Lover 
By Elsa Gidlow 

I shall never have any fear of love, 
Not of its depth nor its uttermost height,
Its exquisite pain and its terrible delight.
I shall never have any fear of love.

I shall never hesitate to go down
Into the fastness of its abyss
Nor shrink from the cruelty of its awful kiss.
I shall never have any fear of love.

Never shall I dread love’s strength
Nor any pain it might give.
Through all the years I may live
I shall never have any fear of love.

I shall never draw back from love
Through fear of its vast pain
But build joy of it and count it again.
I shall never have any fear of love.

I shall never tremble nor flinch
From love’s moulding touch:
I have loved too terribly and too much
Ever to have any fear of love.

-------- 

I got up Thursday expecting to watch the Orioles-Mariners game while I worked on my computer, but after an unpromising beginning for the Mariners, the sky opened up in Baltimore and there was a long rain delay, during which I did some reading, ate lunch, and did some chores. The Mariners nearly came back when it finally resumed, but lost the game, after which we went for a walk to the beach -- water finally safe for swimming but it was much cooler today, for which I was pleased. 

I watched some of Taylor Swift's appearance on the New Heights podcast, mostly to hear her talk about the process of buying her masters back, and we saw most of the Nationals-Phillies game around folding laundry and dinner. I had my Thursday night chat group minus a couple of people but plus someone's sister, then we watched this week's very original series-feeling Strange New Worlds, followed by a bit more Poldark. This is Supernova Strong Woman's show from the Washington Renfaire:

2025-07-27 11.23.26

2025-07-27 11.14.45

2025-07-27 11.25.48

2025-07-27 11.07.19

2025-07-27 11.23.50

2025-07-27 11.00.51

2025-07-27 10.59.03

No comments: