Thursday, August 07, 2025

Poem for Thursday, Alpacas and Crias

May we raise children who love the unloved things 
By Nicolette Sowder 

May we raise children
who love the unloved 
things – the dandelion, the
worms & spiderlings.
Children who sense
the rose needs the thorn

& run into rainswept days
the same way they 
turn towards sun...

And when they’re grown &
someone has to speak for those
who have no voice

may they draw upon that
wilder bond, those days of
tending tender things

and be the ones.

-------- 

I had a bunch of stuff to catch up on Thursday morning since I was out so much of Wednesday, which was not exciting. But in the afternoon I got to watch the first half of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire with Kristen, whom I missed chatting with yesterday for a variety of reasons. Then we watched the Mariners game, though when we realized it was going into extra innings, we took a walk to the beach and they won while we were out. 

We saw a bit of the first Ravens preseason game before my usual Thursday night chat. Afterward, Paul and I watched this week's Star Trek: Strange New Worlds episode, "Through the Lens of Time" (a little too trope-y for me from previous Treks), after which we watched a couple of episodes of Wednesday (I like the evil girls but ugh not more zombies). Crias and their moms we met at Enchanted Farms last weekend:

2025-08-02 13.22.46

2025-08-02 12.50.09

2025-08-02 14.18.40

2025-08-02 13.07.36

2025-08-02 13.36.44

2025-08-02 14.08.03

2025-08-02 13.17.48

No comments: