Thursday, May 27, 2004

Parental Squee

My younger son has been identified as gifted and talented by the county school system (they test all the second graders). This is great in terms of his educational opportunities and also good for is ego, since his older brother is going to a magnet middle school for gifted math students and the younger one struggles with math while failing to appreciate his eidetic memory and great creativity. The older one is very anal, looks up every word he doesn't know how to spell, whereas the younger one is interested mostly in communication. Here's a drawing he did for an assignment to create an animal from an existing animal and a food:






And now I must go take him to violin. But before I go...she has said this before about fan fiction, but I just want to reiterate that I love J.K. Rowling.

No comments: