Sunday, May 30, 2004

Sunday By the Cool Blue Triangular Water

Am home, with four loads of laundry. Had a lovely big pancake, eggs and sausage brunch, then went to play miniature golf, then hiking in Codorus State Park. I am not sure why a mini-golf course named Hickory Falls has a nautical theme, but it was a nice one with a little lighthouse and waterfalls and giant rusty anchors and a sunken boat and multi-tiered holes. My husband's mother had the high score in the family. The park has a lake and a shaded path between the campground and picnic area and I took some photos of flowers and insects.













Desert roses from the golf course.


Gacked from and just about everyone else, the 'TV Guide's Top 25 Cult Shows Ever' meme.

Shows watched obsessively in bold.
Shows watched regularly but not obsessively in italics.
Shows watched at least once but not regularly in plain print.
Shows never watched struck out.

25. Freaks and Geeks
24. Absolutely Fabulous
23. Forever Knight
22. H. R. Pufnstuf
21. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
20. Twin Peaks
19. Dark Shadows
18. Doctor Who
17. The Avengers
16. My So-Called Life
15. Quantum Leap
14. Beauty and the Beast
13. Babylon 5
12. Family Guy
11. Mystery Science Theatre 3000
10. Pee-Wee's Playhouse
9. Xena: Warrior Princess
8. The Twilight Zone
7. The Prisoner
6. The Simpsons
5. Monty Python's Flying Circus
4. Farscape
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
2. The X-Files
1. Star Trek


I tend either to obsess or not to care about TV. Therefore, while I was obsessive about both Buffy and B5 for brief periods, there are also seasons where I didn't watch more episodes than I did. I read more B&TB fanfic than I watched episodes. The Avengers should be much higher on this list. And Farscape at number four, give me a break, that is the most overrated genre show of all time, Claudia Black or no; episode for episode, I liked Andromeda better until it started to suck to the point of unwatchability.

How dare they leave Space: 1999 off this list? And La Femme Nikita? And if The Tick had lasted just a little longer, it would be way up there too!

No comments: