Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Poem for Wednesday and Downtown Frederick

A Song on the Water
By Thomas Lovell Beddoes

                      I.
As mad sexton’s bell, tolling
          For earth’s loveliest daughter,
Night’s dumbness breaks rolling
               Ghostily:
   So our boat breaks the water
               Witchingly.

                      II.
As her look the dream troubles
          Of her tearful-eyed lover,
So our sails in the bubbles
               Ghostily
   Are mirrored, and hover
               Moonily.

-------- 

Tuesday was a gorgeous day with lots of sunshine that brought out many crocuses and some daffodils in the neighborhood. I spent a bunch of it working on my scanning project and had nice conversations with people I hadn't talked to in a long time but with whom I used to exchange long letters. Paul made pancakes for lunch and veggie gumbo for dinner for Mardi Gras, though neither of us officially celebrates Shrove Tuesday. 

My Voyager friends and I watched the terrible "Favorite Son" -- vampire succubi in space! -- then Paul and I watched the State of the Union, followed immediately by this week's The Gilded Age which wasn't great but had to be better than the Republican response. Then we watched the first episode of Last Tango in Halifax at the suggestion of several people, which we liked. From around downtown Frederick's Carroll Creek Park: 

DSCN7949

DSCN7916A

DSCN7954

DSCN7956

DSCN8016

DSCN8017

2022-02-27 17.50.46

No comments: