Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Poem for Tuesday and DC Cherry Blossoms

Petals Falling
By Masaoka Shiki

Moon at twilight
a cluster of petals falling
from the cherry tree

Scatter layer
by layer, eight-layered
cherry blossoms

 -------- 

Monday was a beautiful day, though I had so many things to get done because I was out so much of the weekend and my morning started with someone -- I don't want to name names, but I suspect someone with a tail -- causing an avalanche of things in my bedroom that took a very long time to clean up. I took lots of photos this weekend that had to be sorted and uploaded, and tons of work to catch up on, and laundry and recycling and thrilling things like that. There are cherry blossoms in my neighborhood now, so walking is awesome!  

Snowpiercer was fantastic this week -- I don't want to spoil anyone who potentially hasn't seen it, but That Character is back and all the alliances have shifted and Daveed Diggs, Jennifer Connelly, and Sean Bean should all get drunk and have sex instead of conspiring and it will be my favorite show ever. We also watched The Endgame, in which Elena and Val are super hot but the storyline is beyond ridiculous, and that's fine because at least it's not more basketball. Speaking of cherry blossoms, here are the ones peaking downtown yesterday: 

DSCN9098

DSCN9203

2022-03-20 10.42.18

DSCN9170

DSCN9129

DSCN9180

DSCN9163

No comments: