Wednesday, March 09, 2022

Poem for Wednesday and Spring Frogs

Spring Wish
By John Chipman Farrar

A frog's a very happy thing,
Cool and green in early spring,
Quick and silver through the pool,
With no thought of books or school.

Oh, I want to be a frog,
Sunning, stretching on a log,
Blinking there in splendid ease,
Swimming naked when I please,
Nosing into magic nooks,
Quiet marshes, noisy brooks.

Free! And fit for anything!
Oh, to be a frog in spring!

-------- 

We got our new Samsung Galaxy S22s delivered on Tuesday, a day earlier than originally scheduled, which was great because of course it took a big chunk of time just to get them set up the way we wanted! Even with Samsung, Verizon, and Google transferring all the data from the old phones for us, there are enough new features that there's a learning curve -- like, I can't figure out how to make Facebook Messenger stop making tapping noises when I'm typing though I can turn that off for texting, and the camera has a lot of new features I need to study. 

 Otherwise, we did some work, I did some sorting and scanning (wedding and "Bas Mitzvah" reply cards and congratulations cards, highly entertaining), we took a walk to enjoy the weather and see even more daffodils. We were going to have tacos for dinner but our shells arrived crushed, so we had frozen pizza, and I was going to watch Voyager, but two of my group couldn't come so we all just chatted. Then we watched The Gilded Age, which really needs to do better by its women or I quit, and last week's Ghosts, pretty funny. The canal's earliest frogs:

DSCN8484

DSCN8639

DSCN8646

DSCN8475A

DSCN8636

DSCN8489

DSCN8446

No comments: