Friday, March 04, 2022

Poem for Friday and Frederick Sailing

blessing the boats (at St. Mary's)
By Lucille Clifton

may the tide
that is entering even now
the lip of our understanding
carry you out
beyond the face of fear
may you kiss
the wind then turn from it
certain that it will
love your back     may you
open your eyes to water
water waving forever
and may you in your innocence
sail through this to that

-------- 

 I had a dentist appointment on Thursday, which still sort of counts as an outing in the pandemic world -- for one thing, I had my mask off indoors, though the lobby and hallways have a strict mask-on policy and they take everyone's temperature before taking patients back. So my teeth are now clean and I have a new toothbrush, and it was a lovely day to be out, sunny and not too warm. We took a walk when I got home to enjoy it. 

We watched some Murderville, which is very silly but funny (and the episodes are short enough that they don't drag, though they feel like extended SNL skits), around my usual Thursday night fan call, then we watched a couple of episodes of Last Tango in Halifax, which...it's well-acted, but I guess I expected to like the characters more, given how many people have recommended it? Some more of Frederick's Sailing Through the Winter Solstice: 

 DSCN7922

DSCN7969

DSCN7941

DSCN7988

DSCN7982

DSCN7927

DSCN7960

No comments: