Monday, January 09, 2023

Greetings from Great Falls

Sunday was a bunch of chores and a walk at Great Falls which was definitely a highlight -- we saw a mother fox with at least one kit, a pair of young deer on Olmsted Island, and herons and ducks in the shallow canal that appeared to have been drained for the winter to avoid towpath damage. We also saw quite a bit of football, including the Bills' inspiring win, the Ravens losing to the Bengals (a game of little consequence for Baltimore and I have trouble rooting against Cincinnati right now) and Green Bay being bounced from the postseason. I'm still too fried to properly respond to all the people I owe notes. 

DSCN3132A

2023-01-08 14.49.23

DSCN3137

DSCN3139

2023-01-08 15.15.28

2023-01-08 15.04.05

DSCN3142 

Adam's girlfriend is recovering; Daniel is tearing out his basement floor to put in wood, and told us about that. We never got the winter weather we were warned to expect, but I tried nonetheless to cancel plans I'd made a week ago to go to the light show at Meadowlark Gardens because a massive truck fire had closed the Beltway for a few hours, though it turned out the person I'd intended to meet never got my message so I hope she enjoyed the lights. We watched the first episode of The Mayfair Witches, which didn't grab me instantly the way Interview with the Vampire did but I'll certainly keep watching for now.

No comments: