Saturday, May 02, 2026

Greetings from Phillipston

I spent the better part of Saturday at the Enchanted Orchard Renaissance Faire at Red Apple Farm, my first faire in New England and probably the chilliest one! I didn't even try to dress authentically, since my Hobbit cloak and felt hat are the warmest ones I have, but I got lots of compliments on the hat and it was the kind of faire that had fantasy pirates, Dnd tieflings, and at least one Power Ranger. 

My friend Meri met us at the gate after we took the bus from the parking lot and we went to see the farm animals before we walked through the fairy realm, visited the vendors, saw some armored combat, listened to several different Celtic groups and sea shanty pirate singers, and ate in the brew barn to get out of the drizzle. There was a Viking encampment and lots of pirates and teams of acrobats.

2026-05-02 11.49.06

2026-05-02 11.38.23

2026-05-02 11.35.21

2026-05-02 12.36.06

2026-05-02 11.46.41

2026-05-02 15.06.34

2026-05-02 12.04.37

2026-05-02 11.44.48 

The only thing I bought at the faire was a crocheted snake. We had to drop some things off at Adam's house on the way home and ended up ordering Mediterranean food to eat with Adam, Haley, Sagar, and another friend of theirs (plus Pepper who demanded bites of cheese and the doggie donut we got her at the Red Apple Farm store along with apple cider donuts for the humans).

No comments: