Friday, May 15, 2026

Greetings from Elm Park

I had a fairly quiet Friday -- some computer and photo stuff in the morning, watching clips from Colbert's penultimate week in the afternoon -- plus the rain finally stopped and by the time we were nearly done walking, the sun had come out. We did see a bunny, but there was also a cat -- I don't think it's a stray, too well-fed and groomed -- that has been hanging around before, so most of the bunnies were hopefully hiding (there was a dead small something on the sidewalk and I know who I suspect, though there have also been bobcats and coyotes so whoever's letting the cat out isn't smart either way). 

We had fried veggie chick'n for dinner, then we watched Remarkably Bright Creatures with Cheryl on Netflix. I loved it -- I'm going to appreciate any movie primarily set in an aquarium that isn't a horror movie, it made me nostalgic for Pacific northwest scenery, I liked the octopus's POV which made some of the too-neat-to-believe plot points easier to swallow, I thought the performances were great. Then we watched this week's Your Friends and Neighbors, which is so much darker this season -- much less wealth porn -- and now For All Mankind (team scientists, politics sucks). Elm Park ducklings: 

2026-05-09 14.53.07

2026-05-09 14.55.59

2026-05-09 14.51.40

2026-05-09 14.56.06

2026-05-09 14.55.36

2026-05-09 14.51.32

2026-05-09 14.52.54

No comments: