Thursday, May 07, 2026

Greetings from Potomac

I spent most of Thursday around Washingtonian Lake, which I walked around four times, and it was another lovely day. I ate breakfast with Paul before he went to work, walked to Kohl's and the new local crafts store though I didn't buy anything, and saw several cormorants as well as two big families of goslings, then I stopped back at the hotel to drop off my coat and walked around the lake again before meeting Kay at the Silver Diner for lunch. We took a walk together to see the goslings, and after she went home I made one more circle and helped a man rescue a tiny red-eared slider turtle that was trying to cross a busy footpath. 

My dad is still sick but probably not contagious, so after Paul was done for the day, we picked up Pana Thai that my parents had ordered and drove to their house. (While in Park Potomac, I managed finally to get a gold Pokemon gym badge at Founders Fountain after not being able to get to it for months!) We had dinner and dessert and chatted for a while, then came back to the hotel just in time for me to get on Thursday chat, which just finished so I'm not even sure what the final Orioles score was though I heard a rumor that it was not good. We're driving home to our cats tomorrow -- our catsitter neighbors sent photos today -- so more then!

2026-05-07 11.12.16

2026-05-07 12.38.22

2026-05-07 14.48.40

2026-05-06 19.41.48

2026-05-07 16.10.45

2026-05-07 18.06.25

2026-05-07 20.17.56

No comments: