Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Poem for Tuesday and Canal Bluebells

Bluebell Time
By Fay Slimm

Million bells waving bright bonnets of blue
Flaunting tall ranks of incredible hue.
Groundbreaking columns of stalks fill the shade
Assailing our senses from every dull glade.

Mid dapple-dim woods we tred without sound
Breathtaking armies of blue all around.
Sun shedding Spring over cold woodland dew,
Highlighting patches of mystical blue.
Sheer seas of colour all billowing there
Dance to perfection their Show of the Year.

-------- 

Quickie after terrible horrible NCAA men's basketball championship game, watched with a break for an excellent episode of Debris because I hoped Gonzaga might play better if I didn't watch them than if I did, to no avail. At least I didn't have to watch a team I love lose like that! 

It was otherwise a fairly quiet Monday with gorgeous weather, lots of flowers and birds appearing outside, I got some work done and folded laundry while watching Jesus Christ Superstar before the Easter season was over. Here are some of the C&O Canal bluebells that we saw on Sunday: 

DSCN6684

DSCN6897

DSCN6641

DSCN6814

DSCN6680

DSCN6678

DSCN6888

No comments: