Thursday, December 02, 2021

Poem for Thursday and Patuxent Sunset

I Know Not How It Falls On Me
By Emily Brontë

I know not how it falls on me,
This summer evening, hushed and lone;
Yet the faint wind comes soothingly
With something of an olden tone.

Forgive me if I've shunned so long
Your gentle greeting, earth and air!
But sorrow withers e'en the strong,
And who can fight against despair?

-------- 

Wednesday wasn't a very eventful day -- Paul and Adam had lots of work, I had various chores though I also had a long lunch call with my high school friends whom I missed last week because of Thanksgiving. We took a walk in the early afternoon between everyone's online calls (Adam still has a bit of a cold, but wanted fresh air) and ordered Grand Fusion for dinner. 

We gave Adam a guitar book for Chanukah that he practiced on during The Masked Singer (I did not agree with the judges), The Wheel of Time (still enjoying), and Hawkeye (thought it would be mostly about his angst, but Kate and Maya are awesome and I'm hoping Kate's mom is the Big Bad). It was a shit news day for women though. Here's Patuxent Wildlife Preserve toward evening last week: 

DSCN4909

DSCN4936

DSCN4944

DSCN4913

DSCN4914

DSCN4937

DSCN4921

No comments: