Thursday, July 14, 2022

Poem for Thursday and Homestead Farm

Miss you. Would like to grab that chilled tofu we love.
By Gabrielle Calvocoressi

Do not care if you bring only your light body.
Would just be so happy to sit at the table
and talk about the menu. Miss you.
Wish we could bet which chilis they’ll put
on the cubes of tofu. Our favorite.
Sometimes green. Sometimes red. Roasted
we always thought. But so cold and fresh.
How did they do it? Wish you could be here
to talk about it like it was so important.
Wish you could. Watched you on the screens
as I was walking, as I was cooking. Wished you
could get out of the hospital. Can’t
bring myself to order our dish and eat it
in the car. Miss you laughing. Miss
you coming in from the cold or one
too many meetings. Laughing. I’ll order
already. I’ll order seven helpings, some
dumplings, those cold yam noodles that you
like. You can come in your light
body or skeleton or be invisible I don’t even
care. Know you have a long way to travel.
Know I don’t even know if it’s long
at all. Wish you could tell me. What
you’re reading. If you’re reading.
Miss you. I’m at the table in the back.

-------- 

I have had A Day, and let's just leave it at that until I have more clarity on what it will mean for the next several days. I got to talk to my high school friends at lunch, which was lovely; everything else is pretty chaotic. Homestead Farm the weekend before last: 

DSCN0122

DSCN0128

DSCN0114

DSCN0136

DSCN0101

DSCN0118

DSCN0134

No comments: