Friday, February 03, 2023

Poem for Friday and Groundhog Day

Pancake Poem
By Shel Silverstein

Who wants a pancake, Sweet and piping hot?
Good little Grace looks up and says,
"I'll take the one on top."
Who else wants a pancake,
Fresh off the griddle?
Terrible Teresa smiles and says,
"I'll take the one in the middle."

-------- 

Thursday was a bit warmer than Wednesday though I didn't really spend any more time outdoors -- we had two different contractors come to give estimates for repairs in the basement, and I did a bunch of scanning of old cards and things we found cleaning in older son's room. We needed to stop at Giant, so we did that before taking a walk in the park -- crocuses coming up but they were closed because it was overcast.  

Paul made crepes for dinner and dessert (fake ham/cheese and nutella) because that's how the French celebrate Candlemas. I chatted with several of my fannish friends on Zoom, then watched some more Only Murders in the Building (don't spoil me but I really want Tina Fey to have done it). Here are some crocuses, some crepes, and some cats who are finally agreeing to share the heated blanket on the couch: 

2023-02-02 16.36.18

2023-02-02 18.14.56

2023-02-02 18.29.58

2023-02-02 22.18.59

2023-01-27 23.24.23

No comments: