Thursday, February 09, 2023

Poem for Thursday and Canal Ducks

Geode
By Alicia Jo Rabins

The plagues we wished upon ourselves
With aloe juice and cayenne
The planets we strained to reach
That was how being young tasted
Each of us a geode looking to be cracked open
And to crack each other open
Over and over
I am no longer young except to those who are older
In the way that youth moves along
The conveyor belt
At a consistent distance
I drink water now
I try to be gentle
The years crack you open enough

-------- 

Wednesday felt like spring! It was 60 degrees in the afternoon, so after getting some work done, chatting with my three high school friends over Google Meet at lunchtime, then talking to my sister on the phone, we went to Cabin John Park and found crocuses in full bloom! There were a lot of kids out in the beautiful weather and many dogs in the dog park. And the State of the Union clips were all good! Now we're watching the start of this season of Jack Ryan

Earlier we watched the season finale of National Treasure: Edge of History, which I enjoyed no matter how down on it the internet decided to be -- lots of details made no sense and everything was way too easy, but that was also true of the movies (my only disappointments were that I wanted someone to get eaten by an alligator and I wanted Sean Bean to be running the villains from prison). Here are some of the variety of ducks we saw at the canal over the weekend: 

DSCN3600

DSCN3611

DSCN3619

2023-02-05 12.33.40

DSCN3601

DSCN3622

DSCN3631

No comments: